Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Is it guaranteed that revoking the code signing key does not affect binaries already signed by RIM using the key?

Can anybody (preferably from RIM) comment on whether it is officially guaranteed that if I revoke my RIM code signing/authentication key (the one generated by the Signature Tool) then the applications RIM previously signed on my behalf will continue to run and install just fine on BlackBerrys?

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Is it guaranteed that revoking the code signing key does not affect binaries already signed by RIM using the key?

we've already tried that and they still work fine. there is no "app revoking" mechanism on the BB as it is on the iPhone. you can mail devsupport with the question i guess, this being mainly a user-to-user board.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: DEV Alpha C & BB 9720
My Carrier: Idea and Airtel

Re: Is it guaranteed that revoking the code signing key does not affect binaries already signed by RIM using the key?

Do u people mean that if revoke the keys still am i able to use the keys ..?

actually accdentally i pressed the revoke button

can u tell me the procedure siging with signature tool..

how to genrate the .csk file...

Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

No, what they are saying is that if you signed (and submitted) and apps then pressed revoke keys, the already signed (and submitted) apps will still work.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: DEV Alpha C & BB 9720
My Carrier: Idea and Airtel

thank you ...