Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Bold 9800 or Storm 3 whichever hits Verizon first.
My Carrier: Verizon

Is it not ok to try and use just one screen?

[ Edited ]

The application that I am working on with another developer has only one screen that gets redrawn with content.

I need to have the content that displays in the menu from when the Menu button is clicked change. So if we have Foo painted on the Screen and it contains 1,2,3 in the menu list, and then Bar gets painted over the Screen, I need for the menu list to remove 1,2,3 and list A,B,C.

Is this something that can be done?

Or must we use different classes for the Screens so that the makeMenu() gets called upon load because there is no other way to redraw the menu item?

Also, i noticed that if I navigate to a new screen then the menu is, I'm guessing reset on its own showing only a close option. Do I need to manually reset the menu if I navigate away from one screen to another or does it do this on its own?

Message Edited by black_berry on 12-18-2008 04:51 PM
Thank you all for your support
black_berry
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Is it not ok to try and use just one screen?

I answered this question in your other thread on the subject also.

makeMenu() is called each and every time the user clicks the MENU key, so you can add your menu items based on the context or state of the application.