Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Storm 9530

Is it possible to install Blackberry 4.6.1 OS appliction in Blackberry 6.0 device?

Hi All,

I have developed a appliction using blackberry 4.6.1 OS and i want to installl it in Blackberry device which has 6.0 OS.

I have tried to install through desktop manager, it has been installed successfully but i can not  able to see it in device. Please tell me that is it possble or not? if possible, Why cann't i able to see it? Is that problem of any api which is being used in appliction?

Thanks in advance.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Is it possible to install Blackberry 4.6.1 OS appliction in Blackberry 6.0 device?

Yes,it will work,There may be someother things that i causing issue,Plz get to devicelog(Alt+LGLG) and check whether you  are able to find anything.

Regards

Rakesh shankar.P

Highlighted
New Developer

Re: Is it possible to install Blackberry 4.6.1 OS appliction in Blackberry 6.0 device?

Hi,

Thansk for instance reply.

There is no any log for perticular my application.

Thanks

Developer

Plz confirm,whether app is installed or not in the device.

If Device reboots after the on the verge of application installation,There may be issue with your build.

Regards

Rakesh shankar.P

Developer

Re: Is it possible to install Blackberry 4.6.1 OS application in Blackberry 6.0 device?

Does the app install correctly on other devices?  (Other than 6.0?)

Check the modules to find out if your application is included.  You can find this out by going to the Options icon, then selecting Device, the scrolling to find Application Management.  Once in Application Management, use the menu key, select Modules, and scroll through the long list of modules to see if yours is present. 

New Developer

Re: Is it possible to install Blackberry 4.6.1 OS application in Blackberry 6.0 device?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am able to see my applicaiton in Application management module list. A screen open with Delete and Edit permission button when i tap on the my application module. Please let me know how can i open it.

Thnaks in advace

Developer

So it is installed, but you do not see the icon.  That means the OS thinks it can't run it.  Presumably, since it is OS 4.6.1 developed, there are no API requirements that have not been addressed.  But does your application rely on any external libraries that are not on the device?

If there is a problem like this, then it will actually appear in the EventLog at startup.  However it is likely that the Event Log does not have enough space to keep all the start-up messages.  However you might as well look.  Reboot the device (Battery out) and as soon as it has fully started up, go into the Event Log screen and go right to the start.  Then look forward for entries in Bold that identify your app.

Any chance of answering the other question that I asked?