Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Is there any information that how to set the UUID?

I’m currently developing an App using Bluetooth for BlackBerry and Android phones.

In a case like Android phones, an Android phone is connected to a Bluetooth-paired device with the BluetoothSocket of UUID which is set at the Application of the phone.

For example:

##########################      Android Source     #############################

// Unique UUID for this application

//API : java.util.UUID

private static final UUID MY_UUID = UUID.fromString("00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB");

//API : android.bluetooth.*

BluetoothSocket tmp = device.createRfcommSocketToServiceRecord(MY_UUID);

//API : android.bluetooth.*

tmp.connect();

########################################################################

But I couldn’t find such infomation for ‘How to set the UUID‘ in the ‘samplesouce(BluetoothDemo, BluetoothSerialPortDemo)‘ of Bluetooth and ‘net.rim.device.api.bluetooth API‘. And either searching the Web.

Is there any method to set the UUID for BlacBerry phones?

Or does other library need besides the ‘net_rim_api.jar‘?

I would like to know the UUID setting method for BlackBerry applications to connect to a device with Bluetooth network such like UUID "00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB" of Android.

Also, It would be appreciated it if I get some advice regarding above issue.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Is there any information that how to set the UUID?

I've never done it myself but take a look at the javax.microedition.io.Connector documentation. Under the "RIM Implementation" stuff there should be a section labeled "Protocol support". There is a link to Bluetooth serial port profile. There is a line that says UUID.

Hopefully that helps.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.