Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Is there any size limitaions on the Resource files??

Hello all,

i have a problem with the resource files. I entered a huge amount of data around 75KB, into my MyAppResourceFile_en.rrc. and i closed my eclipse.

Later in the morning i tried to open it, and it showing an error msg of

Could not open the editor: Expected resource key at E:\workspace\ws27012010\SOS\src\com\winit\SOSResourceFiles.rrh:349:1

how can i fix this issue now? do i need to enter the data again? or is ther anyway to recollect that data?

am using Eclipse IDE for developement and am working on 4.7 OS. debugging using the storm simulator.

Thanks and Regards,
PraveenGoparaju.
New Developer

Re: Is there any size limitaions on the Resource files??

Have you looked at line 349 of the rrh file? That's where I would start looking.

Developer

Thanks for your reply,

if the resource file open in the eclipse i would be able to do so... but it is not even opening. and when i tried to open the file with  NOtepad or wordpad it is opening. but not opening in the eclipse.

Thanks and Regards,
PraveenGoparaju.
New Developer

That's what I am saying. Open the file in a text editor and look at that line. Make sure that it is consistent with the other lines in the file. Specifically look at the numbers following each identifier. I believe that they all need to be unique.