Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Is there any versioning problem with BBM/ App World

Hi,

Is there any problem with BBM server ?

I released my BBM application on BB App World. It show friend list perfectly.

But when I released new version of that App on the BB App World.

Now the friends having old version do not show friends having new version in their contact list.

So Is  there any versioning problem with BBM Server/ App World ?

Thanks,

Mudassir

Thanks and Regards
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Is there any versioning problem with BBM/ App World

My understanding, and I haven't had any experience with this, is that the matching of applications is done using the UUID that you set.  So did you change this?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 8520
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Is there any versioning problem with BBM/ App World

Hello Mudassir,

How are you doing? I hope all is well.

If your contact lists have a particular versions of an application installed ( say v2.5) and I have a new version of the application (example 2.7), when I retrieve my friend's list using the ContactListService, I will still see the users who have installed the application. The ContactListService is version independent. 

As a test you can change the version number of the BBMSDKDemo removing features, and you would still be able to retrieve the contact lists of BBM Contacts who have different versions of the app.

In reiterating Peter Strange's point, have you changed the UUID of your current version in comparison to the application that is available on App World?

Looking forward to your reply.

Raihan Masroor
BlackBerry Development Advisor