Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: O2

Issue with Facebook API on Wifi ONLY!

Hi all,

I'm using the (excellent) Facebook library from E. Baskaro and David Lim (https://sourceforge.net/projects/facebook-bb-sdk/) but in certain circumstances I can't seem to login to Facebook at all.

Using either my application or the Strawberry example app if I try to log-in to Facebook then I get a "Stream Closed" exception as it tries to load the Facebook login webpage inside a BrowserField.

What's particularly strange is that this only happens on the device when using a Wifi connection. On the simulator and device using 3G it works perfectly every time. Can anyone think of a possible reason for this?

My device is a Bold 9780 and the app/samples were built against 5.0.0.25 (since support for 5.x devices is required).

Thanks in advance for any help! This one is really driving me nuts.

Steve

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Issue with Facebook API on Wifi ONLY!

Hi,

Have you find any solution for that ,I m facing same problem, In facebook login

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: O2

Re: Issue with Facebook API on Wifi ONLY!

No, I've had so many issues with this library that in the end I had to drop it and write my own Graph API implementation.

Unfortunately, I can't share this as the source code belongs to my company.