Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Issues when executing MIDP application on a BB device

Hi (first post here...!),

I am testing a MIDP application on the Blackberry Curve 8320 (that is, platform 4.3). So no BB UI code is used, just Lists, Forms and so on. While the application runs fine, there are a couple of issues I am not sure how to approach:

- I have seen that the Commands added to the current screen appear when the trackball is pressed and also when the Menu key is pressed. So I get the same options list when I press the trackball or the Menu key. Is there any way to distribute or control the exact commands/options that appear on each menu list?

- When any control is on the screen (normally a List to, display user contacts) I can see on the menu, a "Copy" option. I guess this is standard behaviour, but can I remove this option? Or how can it be supressed (if possible)?

Thanks in advance,

Kike

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Issues when executing MIDP application on a BB device

This can be done within a BlackBerry CLDC application that is using the BlackBerry Ui classes, however it is not supported from within a MIDlet.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker