Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

J2ME application throw a SocketBaseIOException on all BlackBerry phones

Hi!

We have a J2ME application which was working correctly on all mobile phones until the middle of October, 2012.

We delivered a new version to our customer and during the first connection with the server the application throw the following error on all BlackBerry phones:

Communication error!

(E:1) net.rim.device.cldc.io.ippp.SocketBaseIOException | could not connect to m.domain.com:443 0 null

What does this error indicate? We assumed that it is a connection error (network or ISP error), and not an error in the application. Please confirm it.

The application is working perfectly on other types of mobile phones (Nokia, ...) right now.

Please help us as soon as possible!  What is the problem?

Regards,

Jozsef Kovacs

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: J2ME application throw a SocketBaseIOException on all BlackBerry phones

What line of code is triggering the exception?  What transport route are you using?  What protocol are you using to connect?  If it's HTTP, are you able to connect using the browser?  Are you able to connect to that location using the Network diagnostic tool?

Which BlackBerry Smartphone model and BlackBerry handheld software version are you testing on?  You can find this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Smartphone.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: J2ME application throw a SocketBaseIOException on all BlackBerry phones

[ Edited ]

We have new informations from our customer.

The problem occured only on BB OS 7.1 (Model 9900 Bold) and 3G connection. If the network connection is WIFI, then the application works fine.

What does this error indicate?

Regards,

József Kovács