Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

JAD and COD file issue 907 TCP Receive timed out

I am trying to download OTA an app that I created onto BB7 phones - app is built using NetBeans [originally a MidLet ] and is compiled with 4.7 API codebase.

When I compile and build and sign, I successfully am able to create a COD file that I can side-load via USB onto the devices - however, when I unzip the COD file and upload to a server with an accompanying JAD file [JAD file is updated using UpdateJad.exe] for an OTA installation - the OTA always fails with a 907 error - TCP receive timed out error - and it always seems to fails about 70% through the downlaod.

i have tried deleting the app and read all the posts regarding this on all forums, but just can't figure it out.

I need to get this done by tomorrow so I can release the app to a client.

The frustrating part is side-loading via USB works perfect, so why can't I do OTA ? This would indicate that there is no issue with the COD file. I use 7-zip to unzip the cod file.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: JAD and COD file issue 907 TCP Receive timed out

Sounds like an issue with the jad, say the file sizes are not correct, or perhaps there is some thing wrong in the file names. 

If you copy the jad an unzipped cod files onto the SD Card for the BB, then use the File application to find the jad. Click on it, and it should start the download like the Browser.  Play round with the jad there until you have figured out what is wrong.  AFAIK, it really only needs 2 things the URL and the Size, so look at those in the jad. 

Make sure you have deleted previous versions on device.