Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: JAD file in IDE?

I'm having exactly the same problem with version 4.6 in the simulator: setting custom properties in the JAD which has been added to the project before. Btw, the manifest in the JAR has exactly the same values for these. Still getting null out of all getAppProperty() call
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

What version of the BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse are you using?  This should work fine when using version 1.0 gold release (1.0.0.67).
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
New Developer

For now I've been using the native RIM JDE version 4.6.1 (due to various difficulties with both Eclipse plug-in and NetBeans-based development)

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Has the JAD file been added to your project?  Are you adding the JAD file attributes before or after build time?  If the answer to the first question is no and/or you are adding the parameters after build the application will need to be installed using the BlackBerry Browser of the BlackBerry Simulator.  Otherwise, the JAD file attributes will not be available.
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
Developer

[ Edited ]

Hi.

I need to read custom attributes from JAD. I'm using eclipse plugin (1.0.0.67) with blackberry  version 4.5.

The article about it says: "the custom JAD file attributes must be added to the JAD file before build time and cannot be modified after the application has been built. To accomplish this the JAD file must be added to the project in the BlackBerry Java® Development Environment (BlackBerry JDE) or BlackBerry® JDE Plug-in for Eclipse™"

But I don't know how to add the JAD file to the project.

I mean, it's already inside the project folder on eclipse. But it's always replaced. What should I do to prevent that?

I read that I should import it to the src folder and then mark the checkboxes under the blackberry file properties, but that made no difference.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.