Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

JDE and JDE Component installers can't find JDK

The message says that JDK 1.5 or higher is needed.  I have JDK 5.0 Update 19 installed.  I updated the environment variable with the path to it's bin directory.  Why are the installers not finding the JDK?

Thanks...

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: JDE and JDE Component installers can't find JDK

Is your JAVA_HOME environment variable set to the JDK 5.0 installation location?
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: JDE and JDE Component installers can't find JDK

I did not have a JAVA_HOME environment variable so I created it and set it to the installation directory of  JDK 5.0.  The component installer still did not see the JDK.  I installed it anyway but when I went to eclipse, the only installed JDE component pack showing is 4.6, which installed with the plugin.

I did try installing one of the BB JDE's, but I get a whole bunch of missing file errors there.  I think I'm closer with Eclipse.  Just need to figure out how to get these component packs installed so Eclipse can see and use them.

According to the tutorial titles "Writing your first app", I need the Sun JDK (got it), Eclipse (got it), BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse (got it) and BlackBerry JDE Component Packs 4.3 – 4.7 (this is where I'm stuck).  I have the 4.7 component pack installed but when I look at installed components in Eclipse, it is not there.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions