Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

JNI support

We are developing a product that uses a C library. We understand Blackberry is Java only platform. However, the following link gives us some hope of JNI support.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idCAN0525209620100406?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a49:g43:r2:c0.121212:b32593496:z0

I would like to get more information on this like, what version of SDK support this? Where can I get that? Are there any technical documentation or samples available? thanks,

Developer
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

Re: JNI support

Which part mentions JNI support?

There is no JNI support, btw.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: JNI support

Thanks for the response.

You're are right. The statement "The updated Java and Web-based tools will open up access to the smartphone's hardware features, native BlackBerry software applications " made me think that way.

I would like to know what options we've as a game developer that involves video and audio decoder on Blackberry. This involves high computation and we know that Java implementation would be very slow. To have reasonable performance this needs to be implemented in C or some low level languages. Does RIM provide any other such utilities? 

Thanks!