Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

JVM Error 104

Hello,

I got "JVM Error 104 Uncaught: Throwable" error message when I try to run my application in BlackBerry Device Simulator. After getting this error the Simulator stops working.

Please help 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: JVM Error 104

This means an exception was thrown within your application that was not caught.  The best way to narrow this down is to step through your application using break points to determine the line of code throwing the exception and then determine what exception is being thrown.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
New Developer

Hi Mark,    

Thanks for reply. I did not get any exception whenever run from JDE. But when I try to run the application from Simulator I got this exception. In my application I am trying to invoke other inbuilt applications like APP_TYPE_PHONE or APP_TYPE_MESSAGES. As of my understanding once this system applications invoked can’t be controlled and from there this exceptions being thrown.

Please provide some inputs on the same. 

My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

The BlackBerry Simulator will display a JVM 104 on all uncaught exceptions.  If these are happening with the built in applications in most cases they can be ignored since this is not likely to be shown on a real BlackBerry.  Are you seeing any errors on a real device?

The BlackBerry Simulator does this to help with debugging.  If you wish the BlackBerry Simulator to ignore this error, you can add the following switch to its command line.

/ignore-error=104

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

Hi MSohm,

i got the following error, JVM 104 uncaught error ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. what does this mean. is it happenning because of the programatical error or is it thrown by the simulator...??? how can we fix this. while debugging i found no error in the program. 

please respond as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards,

PraveenG 

Thanks and Regards,
PraveenGoparaju.
New Contributor
My Device: 8700 8310
My Carrier: Movistar

I got the same error. Did you fix it?

Developer

probably that error is because of programming mistake.

do this and check... go to run configuarations --> simulator --> memory and check  the reset the filesystem on startup.

Thanks and Regards,
PraveenGoparaju.
New Contributor
My Device: 8700 8310
My Carrier: Movistar

I got this error only in the BB 8700 (SO 4.1) and I got it when I overwrite the layout method and I call setExtent(width, heigth) method.