Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

JVM.dll file does not exist

When I try to build and run my project, it gives me this error:

This is the file in the folder already there:

I dont know where to go about fixing this problem.  Please help as I do not know what to do.

Questions that need to be included:

1. The BlackBerry handheld software version and BlackBerry model you are testing with (or simulating). You can find this information under Options, About:  Its not running so this info isn't available.

2. The version of BlackBerry Java SDK or BlackBerry JDE used to build the application:  Eclipse downloaded with JRE 7.1, used the tools, install new software to install JRE 5.0.0

3. The exact error, exception or behaviour you are experiencing. Try to avoid statements like "it doesn't work":  Stated above.

4. If possible, the line of code triggering the error or exception, as well as a snippet of the code that precedes it:  No lines of code are triggering the error, its done while building.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: JVM.dll file does not exist

Hello.

Instructions:

Make a Copy of the file jvm.dll THAT AFTER THAT Copy and paste Following file path to see if it solves your problem itself. This error or problem may be because the installation was incomplete

If that does not work, you have to extract the. Dll to your system directory. By default, this is:
C: \ Windows \ System (Windows 95/98/Me)
C: \ WINNT \ System32 (Windows NT/2000)
C: \ Windows \ System32 (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 win)
If you use a 64-bit version of Windows, you should also place the DLL file in C:. \ Windows \ SysWOW64 \
Make sure overwrite any existing files (but make a backup of the original file for safety).

Restart your computer.

If the problem persists, try the following:
Open the Windows Start menu and select "Run ...".
Type CMD and press Enter (or if you use Windows ME, type COMMAND)).
Type regsvr32 <filename>. Dll and press Enter.

Regards

Kudos **Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions, as well give the answer like**

@ gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the advice, but none of it helped (sadly). 

So this is what I have done:  Restarted computer, reloaded the whole blackberry eclipse from scratch and redownloaded and installed the plugin via install new software.  (I assumed it might have been downloaded incorrectly).  This still gave me the same problem.  After this, I have redone what you have said above, and the same errors occured.

This is the error that was given to me whenever I tried to use regsvr32 on any of the Jvm.dll files:

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

If you just try the standard Eclipse download, using 7.1, do you get this problem?

New Contributor

If i just have the standard 7.1 download, the application doesn't run as it requires JRE 5.0.0.

Developer

OK - but the issue here is that you can't get a Simulator to run.  You can use a 7.1 Simulator to test a OS 5 application.  So let us see if you can get a 'standard' SImulator running in a straight Eclipse 7.1 install.  It i works, this suggests the error to the JRE 5 download.  If not, then the problem would appear to be in the Eclipse environment in general. 

New Contributor

I just made a blank app, and tried to run it.  This doesn't run either.  This gives me the same error, except with the JRE 7.1 instead of 5.0.  

Developer

That is a shame.  But looks like something intrinsic with the environment rather than the JRE 5.0. 

Just for the record, are you Win 7 or Win 8?

If I tell you my configuration, perhaps you will spot something that you can try that might help. 

My Eclipse is located in a directory called:

C:\BBEclipse

I avoid the standard directories because I understand there can be permissions issues, but probably I am just confused. And I also avoid directories with spaces, which I see that you have.  So try installing to another directory and see what happens.

Also I have a 64 bit Win 7, but a 32 bit Java. 

New Contributor

Thank you very much, this has helped me immensely.