Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: JVM error when opening any 3rd party installed application on Simulator

No reply yet ? Isn't there a solution ?

Developer
My Device: 8520

Hi,

Do one thing open simulator and in the simulator open file menu-->Load java program select cod file then reset simulator and check..

if you already try this , try to install on real device else let's wait for others response....

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

The BlackBerry smartphone simulator does not need the ALX or JAD files to run an application.  All it needs are the application's COD files.  

However, these are packaged differently for an ALX deployment compared to a JAD deployment.  When using an ALX file all of the sibling COD files are packaged into a parent COD file, that is basically a zip file.  A JAD file deployment distributes the sibling COD files individually.  So you'll see a listing of COD files that looks like this:

MyApp.cod

MyApp-1.cod

MyApp-2.cod

And so on....

The number of COD files will vary based on the size of the application (you can read about that here:  http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/The-file-size-limit-for-wireless-downl...

The last error you report indicates that you are missing some of the sibling COD files for the application.  Ensure you copy all COD files listed in the JAD file into the simulator directory.  Alternatively you can just point the BlackBerry Browser in the simulator to the JAD file and install it "OTA".

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker