Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700

Jad, Jar and cod files are not generating

I am developing  a blackberry application. I started it before 2 months. It was working fine before. But now it is not working. When I tried to debug the application, it is not listed in the download folder in simulator. I tried to run another application and it was listed on simulator. I tried clean.bat in both eclipse folder and RIM folder. I tried to clean simulator from eclipse and clean and build project. I tied to create a new application with the same source code and resource file. But all the above experiments didn't result a solution. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Jad, Jar and cod files are not generating

Is you project build complete?  I use Eclipse 3.4. When I build project complete, I found a console writes

"rapc executed for the project <my project's name>"

Maz

Regular Contributor

I can build the project but nothing is written in the console. When I tried to run other application created by me in the same eclipse, is displaying in the  simulator. Also I tried after deleting the deliverable folder. For other application that folder is created with updated cod, jar files. But the one application is creating deliverable folder with out jar and cod files. I tried to run my application in another machine, it was working fine. 

My Application after debugging , the deliverable folder has only  myapp.csl,  myapp.cso,  myapp.rapc files.

Please tell me if anybody has a solution. Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9550

if java installed on ur sysytem, then set class path settings.

Then it will work.

Regular Contributor

No, its not working.. If it is the problem with class path, how other application works successfully? 

Regular Contributor

Yes, now it is working... But don't know the problem.  I removed one file from my source code, then tried it. The deliverable folder was updated and new cod and jar files are created. That is  a thread file for http connection. But I don't know how it worked on the other system. I added the same file to this project again and did debugging. Then the application is not generating the cod and jar file. So its confirmed that the problem was with that file. 

Is there any setting changes in the Eclipse or JDk while we are using the http connection?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

Can you provide your problem source code?  I wonder what happened. Smiley Surprised

Thx,

Maz

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Sometimes it's better to remove all dev environment (eclipse, JDK, etc) and reinstall all again, will take you less time (1H) then tring to find the solution. cheers

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I had a problem similar to this and tracked it down to the executable "jar" not being in my path. Even though everything else was working fine, after I imported some code from another project (that worked fine on its own), the entire thing quit working when combined.

Regular Contributor

Sorry for the delay...

I am not able to figure out the problem. When I tried last week, the cod, jar files were not generated in the deliverable folder. I dont how it happend, after 2 or 3 build, they were generated again. I was happy at that time because my development was stucked on it. I continued my programming and was able to build and debug and run for 3 days. Again the same situation came. Now I am not able to view the application in the download folder in the simulator. The cod and jar files are not generated in the deliverables folder also.  I tried to run clean.bat in the eclipse installation folder and also in the RIM installation folder. I did clean and build in  the eclipse. But no use, it i snot coming.  But other applications developed by me are coming and working properly. 

Please tell me what is the issue. It is very urgent.