Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Java Based Theme Developement

Is it possible to create themes much like the Today Plus theme in which a drawer slides in from the bottom or side.  I have searched high and low but it sees that there is now solution. For everyone out there I spoke with bPlay and they confirmed that they are using the standard Plazmic theme builder to make their themes but i feel that this is highly unlikeley since there is now way to hid the zen icons that are moved to the bottom until a mouse over in that area.  Also their crossbar theme seems like composer was used and the svg file was compiled.  THere are now instructions on how to compile svg files to replace the HomeScreen settings which is weird because if a failure like many have experienced occurs when exporting from theme builder occurs it stats that it could not compile either HomeScreen.svg, PhoneScreen.svg, or LockScreen.svg.  This shows that theme builder is compiling the svg files into cod files but there is now documentation on the manual steps to accomplish this.  I would love to be able to make my own themes by hand including animation and update icons on the fly, but I have found no place to start.

Respectfully,

Bret C. Bennett

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Java Based Theme Developement

There is a separate development product for themes.

Go to www.blackberry.com/developers , and search for "Plazmic Theme Builder"