Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Javaloader not working on BB9000

Hi,

I'm trying to get the Javaloader.exe working on the BB9000 with v4.6.0.162.  I have successfully been able to load a single version of my code with the Desktop Manager, but this is a pain as it wants to do other updates all the time too.  I'd really prefer using the Javaloader.exe app from the command line, as it's quicker and simpler.

I've read some of the other posts about this, here's my sequence of operation and the javaloader command line:

1) Build the project...

2) Sign the project.cod file...

3) Create an ALX file

4) Run Javaloader.exe from the application directory with ">javaloader -usb load application.cod"

When doing this, javaloader responds as if all went smooth, no errors and indicates how many bytes transfered.. All looks good.

When looking at the results of ">javaloader -usb info -v application.cod", the previous version of the project is still there!  What's going on!....

Anyone have the same experience?  Any ideas why I need to use the Desktop manager instead of Javaloader?

Thanks,

DD

Developer

Re: Javaloader not working on BB9000

I had this also. I fixed the issue by downloading the latest version of Desktop Manager - there was apparently a newer driver installed that is needed by javaloader.

Hit the same issue recently on the Storm and had to update Desktop once again.

Developer

Re: Javaloader not working on BB9000

Thanks, that got it...

There might be variations in the Desktop software packages and/or just needed a particular order....

Seemed like the same version, but everything works now...

DD