Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

KeyCodeEvent

I'm using a BlackBerry 8300 simulator and want my application to stroke a key when the app opens but it doesn't work out. The code I'm using is...

KeyCodeEvent eKeyDown = new KeyCodeEvent(KeyCodeEvent.KEY_DOWN, Characters.DIGIT_EIGHT, KeypadListener.STATUS_NOT_FROM_KEYPAD);

KeyCodeEvent eKeyUp = new KeyCodeEvent(KeyCodeEvent.KEY_UP, Characters.DIGIT_EIGHT, KeypadListener.STATUS_NOT_FROM_KEYPAD);

eKeyDown.post();

eKeyUp.post();
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: KeyCodeEvent

are you refering to EventInjector? 

try like this:

EventInjector.KeyCodeEvent pressEsc =

new EventInjector.KeyCodeEvent(EventInjector.KeyCodeEvent.KEY_DOWN, (char)Keypad.KEY_END,

KeypadListener.STATUS_NOT_FROM_KEYPAD, 3000); 

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: KeyCodeEvent

Thanks for the help.

Can you please let me know about USB ports

I want to establish a communication channel between a BlackBerry handset and a PC via a USB cable. In other words, I want the BlackBerry client to listen (read) every text that the PC (server) sends. Please let know the process. I tried using the sample program USBDemo, that's  shipped with the Blackberry JDE. But it runs the same way on the BlackBerry handset as in the simulator. How do I know if my handset and PC are connected and the handset is ready to listen.