Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Keyboard input does not work (Eclipse 3.5, BB JDE 4.6, BB Eclipse Plugin 1.0)

Eclipse 3.5 (Galileo)

Blackberry JDE 4.6

Blackberry Eclipse Plugin 1.0 

When I installed Blackberry Plugin for Eclipse, my keyboard quit working.  The function keys and copy/paste work.  However, I can't type anything in the editor or anywhere else in the program, including the preferences window and other dialogs.  I can type things in the search dialog of the Help, but that's about the limit of it.  Without the Blackberry plugin, Eclipse works fine.

There was another thread about this but it was a month old and didn't contain any productive information except for "Uninstall and reinstall and even then it still does it sometimes" which is not a solution for me.

Thanks,

Michael 

New Developer

Re: Keyboard input does not work (Eclipse 3.5, BB JDE 4.6, BB Eclipse Plugin 1.0)

[ Edited ]

Same thing happened to me. Guess we're going back to Ganymede...

Message Edited by Sparkletron on 08-02-2009 11:33 PM
New Developer

Re: Keyboard input does not work (Eclipse 3.5, BB JDE 4.6, BB Eclipse Plugin 1.0)

I did some testing yesterday and that's the conclusion I came to - everything works with 3.4.
New Developer

I have the exact same issue.  I had to download Eclipse 3.4 (which is called Ganymede on the eclipse website) and install everything against that to get it to work.

New Developer
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

When you installed a previous version, did you lose your projects and other data? I really want to use this plugin but i'm afraid I might loose my older projects