Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: bold 9800
My Carrier: blackberry
Accepted Solution

Ksoap Library for Blackberry 9800 for Java Based Soap service

Hello Every One,

I am new to Blackberry development. I just want to cosume Soap Services using Ksoap library. I have added Ksoap library in my build path, but still my application doesnot starts and it gives an error on complication time for not finding Ksoap Package Module. Please Kindly any tell me how to use Ksoap Library for Web Service Consumption or refer me any Sample Project which include preverified Ksoap library.

Thanks alot.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Ksoap Library for Blackberry 9800 for Java Based Soap service

either mark the ksoap module for export or add a separate ksoap cod to the jad/alx
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Regular Contributor

Sir kindly tell me how to use Ksoap library.. I am getting extremelly confused. I just want to use ?wsdl service in my Blackberry 9800 Bold. Please tell me how to use Ksoap Jar file for cosuming Soap Services. I always get Module Error what so ever if i import Preverified Jar file also. Please Help Me Out..

Thanks

Developer

open the properties of your project, go to java build path. in libraries, add ksoap2 jar.
in order and export check the ksoap2 jar.
this should result in your built cod file containing ksoap2
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
Regular Contributor

Dear Simon,

I have done exactly what you have posted. I have added Preverified jar file through Build Path and checked it as well. But still having the same problem. Kindly if it is possible for you, send me a link where i can download SOURCE file for KSOAP2 library. So without going to ad as a jar, i will use it as a package.. Please Please help me out there.

Thanks

Developer

I have this file from 15.01.2009, i am not sure if it is preverified, i think yes, but it's a bit too long ago to really remember.

@SimonHain on twitter
Regular Contributor

Dear Simon,

Thank you for you quick reply. I have added that Jar file to my build path. But when i click Signature tool i got the following commands in my console and packaging stopped. Please kindly tell me why it is happening.

Packaging project SampleKsoap
C:\Development\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack7.0.0_7.0.0.33\components\bin\rapc.exe -convertpng -quiet codename=deliverables\Standard\7.0.0\SampleKsoap -sourceroot=C:\AccessGroup\Projects\FEE\SampleKsoap\src;C:\AccessGroup\Projects\FEE\SampleKsoap\res -import=C:\Development\eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack7.0.0_7.0.0.33\components\lib\net_rim_api.jar;C:\AccessGroup\Projects\FEE\SampleKsoap\ksoap2_j2me_core.jar deliverables\Standard\7.0.0\SampleKsoap.rapc C:\AccessGroup\Projects\FEE\SampleKsoap\bin
C:\AccessGroup\Projects\FEE\SampleKsoap\ksoap2_j2me_core.jar(ksoap2_j2me_core.cod): Error!: Duplicate definition for 'org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParser' found in: C:\AccessGroup\Projects\FEE\SampleKsoap\src\org\xmlpull\v1\XmlPerrorLog.PNGullParser.java

Packaging project SampleKsoap failed (took 4.672 seconds)

Developer

ksoap uses kxml components, you seem to have the source of ksoap (?) added to your project. remove those.
@SimonHain on twitter
Regular Contributor

Dear Simon,

As per your instructions error hasbeen removed now. Now i got the following error after running it on my blackberry 9800 bold :

Error starting SampleKsoap: Module 'ksoap2_j2me_core' not found.

Please help me out there.

Thanks/

Developer

did you mark the jar as export?
@SimonHain on twitter