Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

LCD context settings for the emulator?

Hello,

I am using BB 9000 device emulator from JDK 4.6. Here is the thing: When  the "keep lcd on"option from the emulator is off (by default), the emulator is working for about 50-55 seconds and then the display becomes black. The program is still working, but the screen is black, so when you hit the menu button on the screen, the display is back on and you can see it.

Well, when I enable "keep lcd on" option  from the menu, the screen is on all the time, but exactly after the same period of time (about 50-55 sec) the emulator stops to refresh the screen. The device is on, but you can see only the last image there. The program continue to works, but the display is not updated, if you press a button, you will see the actual screen immediatelly.

How I can prevent the "display sleeping" and enable the refresh process all the time - any options in the emulator or in the JDK? So far I was not able to find anything suitable.

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: LCD context settings for the emulator?

This issue has been reported to our development team. 

You have a couple of options for a work around.  You can user an older version (4.5.0 and lower) of the BlackBerry Simulator or handle this from within your application.  See the links below for more information.

How To - Enable the backlight and prevent the screen from turning off
Article Number: DB-00426

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/800620/How_To_...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker