Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

LWUIT in BlackBerry JDE

Hello,

Attempting to create midlet appilcation in jde 4.7 but having some difficulty running app in emulator. I built the LWUIT from svn as a library in the jde. The LWUIT jar was successfully bult. I then added the library as a dependency in the midlet app. However, receiving Access Violation error following by "socket closed" error.

Initially, I imported the lwuit.jar & jsr4.jar into the app. When this was done, the emulator was able to run but returned a error about jsr184.jar. After this was returned, I decided to add the library as a dependency in the app,

Any help is appreciated as to how I can this to run.

Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: LWUIT in BlackBerry JDE

[ Edited ]

Welcome, from your post here is what I made out: You received a networking error where you are trying to send/receive data after you closed the network Stream. You are also receiving problems with the various JARs you are using.

I can't really help with the socket closed error because that is not the information you gave and that isn't really what you are asking for. As for the JARs, the BlackBerry API should have the lwuit classes and namespaces built in so you don't need it. JSR 4 and 184 are not supported by the BlackBerry platform and the JARs you have are most likely "place holders" and have no code (that is why they compiled fine) but allow you to write apps using them. Those will not work, if you want to use something similar to JSR 4 you need to write your own, if you want to use 3D you need to use JDE 5.0 and need to use OpenGL not M3G.

All supported JSRs and libraries are built into the BlackBerry API or you need to find BlackBerry specific ones.

EDIT: Mistakenly though LWUIT was LCDUI, let me check somethings and I will give my response about LWUIT.

EDIT2: Ok based on this and this, LWUIT is supported but I see an issue with its support of M3G which, as stated before, you can't use it because it is not supported. You should be able to get a bunch of information out of those two links.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Thx. for the reply. It's appreciated. Sorry for the typo in the intial post. I meant jsr184.jar not jsr4. jsr184 is for the LWUIT jar. This jar was imported in the library project(LWUIT) which has classes for mobile graphics. I then included this library project into the midlet application by choosing "Add project..." in context menu. I then right-click to select "Project Dependencies" & clicked the checkbox to select the jar from the library. Secondly, I'm not sure if I follow you regarding the socket error issue. Are you saying that the socket error occurred because the jsr184.jar was not recognized?

Help is appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: all
My Carrier: SE

HI,

I have a hello world application written on j2me LWUIT. What I want to do is to run this code in BlackBerry 4.2.1.  Pls tel me how to do that. I tried so many times but it gives a null pointer exception.

Thanks in advance

Pradeep.

Developer
My Device: Curve, Bold, Storm
My Carrier: Blackberry Developer

hi,

AFAIK it is not possible in Blackberry

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the kudos button on the left side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Developer
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

I remember someone who was porting LWUIT to BlackBerry posting here a while ago. From that post, I'd conclude that LWUIT is not yet available on BlackBerry. I hope they post some message here when that becomes available.

By the way - welcome to the forums, Pradeep!

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

LWUIT is available for the BlackBerry.  You need to build the BlackBerryPort project that is found in the LWUIT SVN repository.