Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

ListField not scrolling in Storm

Hi,

I am using the Storm simulator.

I have a ListField inside a VerticalFieldManager with VERTICAL_SCROLL and VERTICAL_SCROLLBAR style.

I can move the list down with keyboard using arrow down or up, but when i try to use the touch(right key) in simulator the list field does not scroll.

Seems like i am missing something, please help.

Thanks

Developer

Re: ListField not scrolling in Storm

What is touch (right key) ?

To scroll a list on the Storm, you make a swipe gesture on the screen.

On the simulator, you place the cursor on the list, click the mouse, and move up or down.

Developer

by touch i mean the right click on the mouse, which inovkes a gesture.  

I did place the cursor on the list and when i move up and down it moves up and down in the list, and highlights every item i go over.  Compared to other programs that i have seen, where when you click and drag it up or down, this scrolls the list, but it is not working in my case.

Developer
My Device: Storm

Hi,

Its working for me in storm simulator. I can able to scroll the ListField using the mouse (right click and move the mouse). Can you please post the code snippet of yours?

Procedure i followed was create a class for ListFieldCallBack interface and set that class as callback class to a native ListField object and add to VerticalFieldManager who has VERTICAL_SCROLL and VERTICAL_SCROLLBAR style.

with regards,
Vignesh J

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to mark your post as solved if you get the answer and dont forget to give kudos if the answer is useful for you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Developer

Thanks for the help.  But i figured it out.  I was missing the call to super.touchEvent(event) call ..  So now i handle the else case if its not a click then i call the return super.touchEvent(event) ;

Contributor

Can u plz post the entire code? it wud be helpful to me !!!

Regular Visitor

Thanks a lot. It worked