Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Listen to pushed data

Hello,

I want my application to listen to data that is being pushed by the server using a http connection, how do I achieve it?

Please help...

Thanks in advance...

Developer
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: Listen to pushed data

You can take a look at HttpPushDemo in the sample folder of your JDE (or Eclipse Plugin). Everything is well explain as well as a server side application to push string data.

Thank you, have a nice day.

--
Samuel D.
Developer

That works for BES devices, for Push to BIS devices, look for information on BIS Push, in this forum and other resources on this site.  Also search this forum for other questions about Push.

Developer

Hi, Im not able to figure out how do I avoid BES . Also havegone through documentation for BIS-Push,which is a paid service. And at this point of time,I would like to stick to unpaid services.

Please help me out, to achieve this. 

Thanks

Developer

[ Edited ]

In a  non BES environment, you can use a number of other methods such as email, SMS or polling to do the 'push'.  Some of these have been discussed on the forum, have a look round for Threads that discuss BIS Push.

Developer

My project requirement is "push" only....what  can be done....? And right now at this point of time of my project I can't afford the charges for BES.

Please help

Developer

"My project requirement is "push" only" - OK, then pay the money for BIS Push.

As I mentioned in my previous post, you can simulate this a number of ways including: listening for emails that you send instead of a push, listening for SMS's you send instead of a push, or polling.  Also as I said, search this forum for similar entries asking the same question.