Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Looking for Tutorials/Guides create a Let Color app, with different colorschemes, depending on event

Hello, i am still at the beginning, and the goal is, to create a LED COLOR class, that can be reused to come in place when certain behaviour/event criterias are given.

Since i am starting is the API reference alone not enough for me, i've learned a lot of things from live samples code tutorials. CAn someone point me to 

a) Tutorials with sample code that cover the theme about changing led, event listening, create led color pattern, such as blink fade etc.

b) Due my theme development i was always stucked when it came to customise the design of the media screen, since that is not covered in plazmic, or probably would invoke some apis that require a key.. therefore i started to learn java and got myself some keys to sign. I couldnt find any book, dedicated to blackberry only, i want to learn the architecture in depth in order to understand what i am doing. So actually if anybody could contribute to the 3 points below, i am glad and thankfull for any help/hint etc.

1) Books literature to understand the Paradigms and architecture of BB devices in depth

2) A topic that i am searching hard because its required for the project i am in is the samples tutorials to LED color manipulation, trigger on events to apply code changes, understanding how to create LED color patterns such as fade, blink etc.

3) Same as point 2, regarding the customisation of the media screen.

I want to thank everybody in advance for reading this and taking his time to support me with any info that is of use.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Looking for Tutorials/Guides create a Let Color app, with different colorschemes, depending on e

maybe you can find examples here :
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/docs/categories/?userType=21&category=BlackBerry+Java+Applicati...

I know you can get RIM certification too.

for the LED thing, as far as I know it's a basic led : you have four colors (green, red, blue, yellow) but it's either off or on. so no fading available.

About the media thing, are you talking about the Media application ? or the blue screen with the 4/5 icons music ringtones video images voice ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Looking for Tutorials/Guides create a Let Color app, with different colorschemes, depending on e

You can control the brightness of the LED through the use of the LED class.  So this does allow for fading effects.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker