Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 8300, 8800, 8700f, 9000

ManageConnections programatically

hi,

i've noticed, that when under ManageConnections 'mobile network' is turned off, i cannot connect to the internet. i would like, that my application will recognize if it is turned on or off. and if it is off, maybe show proper message and open ManageConnections for user to enable 'mobile network'. is it possibile to do it programatically? can i somehow get into ManageConnections?

regards

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: ManageConnections programatically

I guess RadioInfo class will help you. You can use any of the approptiate method like getnetworkName etc.. and check if nothing has come then you can display appropriate message.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Developer

ok, that a good idea. but is it possible to open ManageConnections programatically when i get null from RadioInfo.getNetworkName()? or the only thing i can do is set a message for user?
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Check getState(), which is appropriate. But I didn't find the setState(). If you get any better option  let us also know.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Developer

hmm, but this only checks the status. i was wondering rather if there is something like ApplicationPermissions-which using i can open permissions and show it to user and let him set permissions. i would like also to open Manage Connections programatically, show it to user and let him enable/disable things manually.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

The following examples shows how to detect the current coverage status.  This covers both radio status and connection status.

How To - Determine when to route data 
Article Number: DB-00485

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800563/How_To_...

You can use the Radio.activateWAFs method can be used to request that specific radios be turned on (i.e. GPRS, Wi-Fi, etc...), but there are no APIs to interact with the more fine grained connection user settings.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker