Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Torch
Accepted Solution

Manager gradient background

I need to be able to set a background to a manager and the background has to have the following properties:

1.Rounded corners

2.Gradient colour - grey to white

3.Be able to have arbitary height because I don't have a fixed number of items I will show as the items are generated after a http call.

The BackgroundFactory class offers either to have a gradient colour without rounded edges, or if it has rounded edges it has to be with sharp corners.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the button to give kudos if I helped you Smiley Happy
Developer
My Device: 9700

Re: Manager gradient background

Developer
My Device: Torch

Works great! Thank you.

Do you know if by any chance this could be modified to have gradient of 3 or more colours for instance grey-to-white-to-grey?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the button to give kudos if I helped you Smiley Happy
Developer
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

dx22 wrote:
Do you know if by any chance this could be modified to have gradient of 3 or more colours for instance grey-to-white-to-grey?

Use more points (add ones in the middle), use grey on top and bottom ones and while on the middle "line". The example is extremely well-written and explained in great detail, so modifying it should be easy.

At most you can have two halves of the background, the upper one with rounded corners on top and flat bottom, the lower one the other way around.

Good luck!

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!