Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Manipulation of Phonlog but no success in deleting an item

:-) I will look for that if i have time, currently i have to work on another project. But i think some of the api behavior is unknown even for RIM.
Developer

Does anyone know if there is a bug in the firmware 5 of rim api because i am not able to delete a phonlog entry there. Using 4.* firmware it is working fine, but on none of the 5.0.0.* Versions this function seems to be working.

Has anyone similar problems?

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800

hi

I am also having similar problem in OS 5.0. I could successfully delete call logs in previous all OS. But in OS 5.0 it is not working. Can anyone give a solution.

regards

----------------------
Press like if you find a message helpful
---------
Developer

This behaviour was logged as a bug of the rim api. I think in furher releases it should be fixed.

I am in contact with rim support for this, you can ask for new information here from time to time, so i do not forget to notice u.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800

hi ribun

any update on this issue?

----------------------
Press like if you find a message helpful
---------
Developer

Not jet, I didn't get any update from rim. Recently I tested with the latest 5.* release, the bug is still present. I think the 5.* OS has some Problems... I figured out a Bug the Custom Context Menu isn't working if you stand on a Phone-Log entry....

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

i would bet that the custom context menu bugs are the most persistant in all OS releases by RIM ever. Sometimes they fix it in one build and have another problem at the same time.

The call log problems seem to be related to the internal representation being updated correctly, but the shown one not. if you delete a log and try to retrieve it you get a nullpointer exception, and after restarting the device it is gone without further action. let's see what rim does about it. sometime. in fact you have to live with most discovered bugs anyhow as rim fixes them, if at all, in the newest OS releases.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: 8520, 8900, 9000, 9300, 9650, 9700, 9780, 9800, 9810, 9900, 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I got the null pointer exception within the addCall method on v5. On v4, it just didn't care and nothing happens either.

Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: t-mobile

Hi, 

I find this is still an issue..

tried using invoke later also..

but the call is deleted only on the call log list when the track ball is clicked on the messages folder. But in  the recent dialed numbers (press of the green call button), still holds that entry whatsoever. Is this a RIM issue? I tried all possible ways, but its still present there..

Please let me know if there is any way to delete both the call log ( track ball click on message folder) and also the recent dialed numbers also

Thanks

Bhuvana

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

the problem still exists on OS6.  Doing  a search this problem goes back to 2008!! Hasn't RIM fixed the problem yet?

why isnt the call log being deleted??