Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

MapFieldDemo location?

[ Edited ]

I have read that there is a sample demo for MapField called MapFieldDemo.  I cant find this anywhere on the site.  Can someone please provide link or navigation to it.

I have a list of locations that I want displayed on the map, and instead of initializing maps as a standalone, I want it wrapped in my app.  I also want to track map movements like the moveend functionality of google maps.  New locations will be added when the map moves.  

Thanks!

Josh 

Message Edited by Klever_Studios on 02-23-2009 10:57 PM
Highlighted
Developer

Re: MapFieldDemo location?

MapFieldDemo is part of the samples provided by JDE 4.7.  If you look under 'C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.7.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\' this is where all the samples are.

New Developer

I downloaded the eclipse plugin, which doesnt seem to come with the samples.  I will download the JDE for the samples.

Thanks! 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

The sample workspace is included with the Eclipse plug-ins.  Look in the following directory:

\Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.eide.componentpack4.#.#_4.#.#.##\components\samples

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi, I also require the same . Can u pls provide me some help on this. I can draw one location on the map. You can use convertWorldToField() method to convert world to field(pixel) value. But i cant draw multiple locations in the map and redraw the marks, as per the navigation of the Mapfield.