Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

MissingNativeError

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to deal with "Uncaught exception: net.rim.vm.MissingNativeError" when I launch my BlackBerry application.

I have developed an application as a cldc project. When I build it, I'm including a library. Please note, I'm INCLUDING the jar, not importing it. Meaning that when rapc executes it compiles all the classes into one big cod file.

If I do not include the library, and install the library as a separate cod file, everything works alright. So it's workable, I was just getting really hopeful for distributing everything in one cod.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: MissingNativeError

What BlackBerry Smartphone model and BlackBerry handheld software version are you testing on?  You can find this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Smartphone.  What line of code is triggering this exception?  What version of BlackBerry JDE are you using?
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: MissingNativeError

[ Edited ]

Same here. I added library the way it described here (http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800901/How_To_-_Compi...)
I had to preverify it first 'though Smiley Wink

There is just one class in that lib.
Object creation (call of constructor) is OK.
But when I try to call other public method, - it crashes with that error !?

I cannot even step into.
Method does not have any parameters. 

So, what exactly does this error mean?

P.S. I am on JDE 4.6.0.12., run simulator 8520-4.6.1272

P.S.S. I've just noticed one thing. Original jar file contains folder with jpg files.
After I added this jar file to the project, this project's jar file does not contain these image files anymore,
although class still uses them as

Bitmap.getBitmapResource("pictire.jpg");

OK, all solved by BUILDING LIBRARY as a CDLC APPLICATION project!
Message Edited by konic on 08-15-2009 03:50 PM