Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar, Telenor
Accepted Solution

More on Vectors

I got an answer on an earlier message about Vectors pointing out that the content actually are pointers. Sending a Vector containing an array to another task then basically has the same effect as making the array public for the receiver of the Vector

Is that a correct assumption?

If everything seems to be under control, you're just not driving fast enough
-Mario Andretti-
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: More on Vectors

Yes, but I think your wording could be more better to make sure it is clear what you are saying. 

".... content actually are pointers".. I think references is a more accurate term than pointers but this is correct.

"Sending a Vector ...".  You are typically not sending a Vector, you are passing the reference to the Vector.

".... containing an array"  It does not contain the array, it contains a reference to an array. 

"...  has the same effect as making the array public " Correct, but again it is probably more accurate to say this is equivalent to passing the reference to the array to the receiver. 

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar, Telenor

Re: More on Vectors

OK, thanks. I saw it as a container and coded accordinlgy and it turned out a mess of course.
If everything seems to be under control, you're just not driving fast enough
-Mario Andretti-