Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Multiple Components Versions in Eclipse Plugin 1.1

[ Edited ]

Hello! 

I'm having a hard time with new Eclipse plugin trying to  build my app for multiple platforms.

Currently to change platform version I need to replace JDK version in project properties, change deliverables folder in blackberry_app_descriptor and manually modify preprocessor options.

doesn't it look strange or I'm missing something? 

In beta version of plugin there was once action - change platform version in options. 

is there any way to do it efficiently in new plugin? 

In blackberry_app_descriptor.xml I see output folder by default deliverables/5.0.0. Does it man there should be a way to get all versions build in deliverables by one build?

I would not want to play with multiple projects, workspaces or heavy file links usage. 

Also would be nice to find some description on how preprocessor variables are meant to be used in this 1.1 plugin in an efficient way. 

Regards.

-Sergey

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Multiple Components Versions in Eclipse Plugin 1.1

[ Edited ]

Thanks for trying out the BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse 1.1 BETA. We hope that the release version will address some of your concerns.

In the release version, when you change the JRE for the project to target a different BlackBerry Java SDK version, the last segment of the deliverables value in the blackberry_app_desc.xml file will automatically switch to the new version.

Also, the release version pre-defines preprocessor tags for each SDK version, so when you switch the targeted JRE, the preprocessor tags will also switch for the new version.

Let us know your thoughts. Thanks!

Ken Wallis - Senior Product Manager, WebWorks and Android Runtime
@ken_wallis
Developer

kwallis wrote:

Also, the release version pre-defines preprocessor tags for each SDK version, so when you switch the targeted JRE, the preprocessor tags will also switch for the new version.

Are these pre-defined preprocessor tags for each component pack documented somewhere?

Solved? click "Accept as solution". Helpful? give kudos by clicking on the star.

Unfortunately not at this time, as this ability is in the upcoming version of the BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse v1.1 that has not been released yet.
@ken_wallis
Developer

What exactly is the process for Changing the JRE of an existing project in Eclipse Plugin 1.1 Beta?
kwallis wrote:

In the release version, when you change the JRE for the project to target a different BlackBerry Java SDK version, the last segment of the deliverables value in the blackberry_app_desc.xml file will automatically switch to the new version.

Let us know your thoughts. Thanks!

I will assume that you already have more than one BlackBerry Java SDK installed.  Let me know if you do not and need more info on that.  Smiley Happy

To change the current BlackBerry JRE for a BlackBerry project in your workspace:

1) right-click on the project and select Build Path -> Configure Build Path

2) go to the libraries tab

3) Your current JRE system library should be a BlackBerry JRE version.

4) Select it and click the Edit button

5) You should see a drop-down list that contains a BlackBerry JRE for each BlackBerry SDK that you have installed.  Choose the one that you wish to use and you are good to go.

Thanks!

@ken_wallis
Developer

Thank you!

Highlighted
New Developer

Thank you