Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Mute KeyPress and GlobalEventListener

Hello:

Is it possible to detect the mute keypress using GlobalEventListener?

Anybody know where can I get details of the global events?

Thanks
Highlighted
Developer

Re: Mute KeyPress and GlobalEventListener

You receive a globalevent whenever a sound profile is changed, but what is the profile selected we cannot retrive.

I debiged on simulator & found that we receive object of Profile calss which is not accesible to normal java applications so we cannot use it.

Developer

In order to use GlobalEventListener, you can post a globalEvent from a application to any other other application. You can post this global event to all applications or to any specific application then that specific application will recieve global event and perform anything as required.

To achieve this you need to implement GlobalEventListener in recieving app with the use of these methods addGlobalEventListener() and eventOccurred().

If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution" and kudos - your wish

Deepesh Gupta
New Developer

I have tested in simulator to capture globalevents and not is possible detect mute keypress and also +/- volume key. I not understand how this buttons can comunicate with system.

Thanks

Developer

To trace any key event you need to implement keyPadListener and then you can detect any particular key using keypad

If your problem was get solved then please mark the thread as "Accepted solution" and kudos - your wish

Deepesh Gupta
New Developer

Thanks, but my app running in background and not support keyListener also keypadlistener.
Developer

Sorry to say but if your app is always running background app (i.e. your app extends Application not uiApplication) then you can't trace key events.

Deepesh Gupta
New Developer

It is possible to take control over mute key event when the app is running in background and without using jde 5.0.

I do not know how, but there is a blackberry app media player named "Mobiola xPlayer" that works over several blackberry devices, pearl, storm, etc, (so the S.O is not 5.0), and the mute key works perfectly when the app is in background.

How is it done? I do not know, but I would like to know if is possible.

Thanks.

Developer

Hey. So is it possible to handle key presses for all apps and act on them? Just confirming, globaleventlistener is not for such events and the keylistener looks like one-app...

Tks

J