Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

My BrowserField is slower than BB Browser?

Hi,

Iam using the sample application "BrowserFieldDemo" application code in my application for getting browser field.  But by comparing with the BB internal Browser, "BrowserFieldDemo" browser is slow, if I enble javascript it becomes too slow but in BB Browser application it is bit fast.  Is there any reason for this or else is it only because of my code?

Advanced Thanks for any help.

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: My BrowserField is slower than BB Browser?

Original BB Browser application may use internal undocumented non-public API and because of that it is faster.

New Developer

What OS version are you testing on?  My understanding is that 4.6 and above series uses a new browser engine for the browser application, but the embedded browser is based on the older engine (for compatability).  There is supposedly a way to get the embedded browser to use the new core, but that way is not officially supported and is therefore probably not appropriate for using in a shipping application.
Developer

On some pages it looks like the rendering order differs and this could be a factor in subjective

evaluations but, yeah, I've seen it as early as about 4.1 but we are doing a lot of additional

stuff and I never bothered to track a lot of it down as it was noticeable but not prohibitive

in most cases.

Developer

Thanks to all for ur reply,

Iam using 4.2 OS.  Even 4.5 OS also it is behaving same.

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Application Developer

i also got same problem ..pls any one help me..(

My BrowserField is slower than BB Browser

)

thanks,

Rajasekar

Thanks & Regards,
Rajasekar
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Storm - 9570
My Carrier: Tim

if you're using the something like the "BrowserfieldDemo", you could add those lines to speed up your browserfield. With that your browserfield don't show images.

RenderingOptions renderingOptions = _browserContentManager.getRenderingSession().getRenderingOptions();
        renderingOptions.setProperty(RenderingOptions.CORE_OPTIONS_GUID, RenderingOptions.SHOW_IMAGES_IN_HTML, false);