Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

My application is ready, but without keys

Hello,

I new that I'm new here, but I hope that you can help me.

I created an java application that uses GPS location updates , sends SMS (incoming / outgoing) and autostarts whenever the device is started. everything was fine during the testing phase where I tolerated the permission requests wherever the application tries to read or send sms it asks for your permission, when I got approval from my managers that the application is good enough for us, I tried to buy the java code signing keys in order to get rid of user permissions prompts. I filled the form, BlackBerry contacted us regarding the payment where they were responsive and friendly. after few days we got was only two files out of the three that are needed to complete the signing. and since then I have sent blackberry several times (four times to be specific) asking them to send us the three keys to get things going for us, but since they already got the money, we got no response at all.

it has been almost a month since I paused development waiting for the keys and it seems that this thing won't be resolved. can you guys help by telling me who should I contact? what should I do? should I try to migrate to another platform and forget about BlackBerry?

thank you for your help which I need desperately.

Developer

Re: My application is ready, but without keys

Oh.. for a developer to wait for such a long time.. really a pain. I had got the replacements keys also in a very few dyas of time.. may be like 2 working days.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Contact devsupport@rim.com
New Developer

I did contacted websigner@ws-smtp.rim.net, devsupport@rim.com and customermaster@rim.com but with no answer.
Developer

I tried to buy the java code signing keys in order to get rid of user permissions prompts.

Signing keys purpose is to sign your cod file to run it on actual device. Signing keys won't suppress the permission requests.

Use ApplicationPermissionsManager and ApplicationPermissions classes to compose a request to a user to get some permissions, when dialog has been confirmed all requested permissions will be enabled. 

New Developer

if cod signing is not required for user permission, isn't it needed for auto start midlet?

anyway now I bought something that I didn't get. I still need the keys to test myself.

Developer

Signing is necessary if you have used signed API in your application.

In RIM API javadocs there is information about every class does it belong to Signed API or not.

Check the picture below. There is screenshot with signed api information in RIM API javadocs.

Also if you did not get what you have paid for then contact your bank and cancel the credit card transaction.

signedapi.png

New Developer

thank you for tbilisoft your help.

the classes you advised me to use ( ApplicationPermissionsManager and ApplicationPermissions) are signed classes and eventually I'll need to use the keys to get rid of prompts.

I guess that I will cancel the credit card transaction after all "if I still can do that after a month".

New Developer

I checked with my bank and it seems that blackberry charged my credit card for the price of the keys.

I need someone to help me with key retrieval, anyone ?

thank you.

Developer

RIM should send you 3 emails with *.csi files inside.

Did you get these emails from RIM ?

If no - check your spam folder.

If spam folder also is empty - either contact RIM directly: http://www.rim.com/company/contact/index.shtml

Or call your bank to cancel the transaction.