Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Visitor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: NFC api for mifare classic

Hi Everyone, I want to configure BB 9900 device as NFC smart card tag and want to read and write it with Mifare RFID reader(ISO 14443-3 - TypeA). I tried it by activating NFC in phone and then shown it to reader .. the NFC tag is detected in feild but i am not able to get any data either not able to write it. Is this any compatibility issue ? or Is there a security key problem cause my reader is set on default security key ? What could be the problem? Can anyone suggest .... Thanks & Regards.
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: NFC api for mifare classic

If the reader is running standard ISO14443-A then there should not be a compatibility issue at a protocol level. How are you performing virtual tag emulation (your own app or the standard Smart Tags app) and how are you working with the reader? You need an application on your host computer to drive the reading/writing process via the reader. Please provide details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim