Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: NO

Need Help In Camera Application....

Hi,

I  am working on camera application but i found two way to implement. one is using invoke.InvokeApplication(.._)

and another one is using video Controll. i am confuse . can any one suggest me which one is the best way to implement .is there any difference????. whta about the perfomance.??

Thanks In Advance I am newbai......

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Need Help In Camera Application....

invoke starts the native application, i think it was mainly used in 4.5 and before, as there was no video control api available in these versions.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Contributor

Dear Simon_Hian

Thanks for u r kind responce. and i agree with u regarding invoke which starts the native application. but i found another way to taking a picture  . so my question is which one is better  through invoke method or the way in this document are given is better .you quick respone would be great help for me. http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/17968/CS_take_a_picture_in_a_BB_device_app_122...

New Contributor

Hey simon

I have done mistak. my problem is i want to access the camera application from my application. how can i do that ??. can u give any code snap for that please it is urgent . Thanks in advance. "others also can share

".

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

check the camerademo in your samples folder.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter