Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9000,9500,8900
My Carrier: Airtel,Vodafone

Need help in debugging my code in device.

Hi,

I am developing an application for my bb 8900. This application runs properly in simulator but problem arises when i try to debug it from device. My JDE is 4.6.1.23.

The application is signed and running withoug any problem, but in some portion of coding I have put some debug points following by one or two System.out.println() calls.

I want my device to break execution on break points but it does not recognise the break points however  the System.out.println() prints properly on console of jde.

This happens with only this application. I have checked other application in work space and for them this problem never occurs.

What can i do so that i can break execution on debug points?

Thanx in advance.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Need help in debugging my code in device.

device and jde have to run the exact same version for breakpoints to work reliably.

however, jde-versions seem to differ somehow. try some other jde version and check if the breakpoints are working. my trusty old jde 4.2.1 often works this way.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter