Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Network connection diagnostic utility?

I heard from the developer conference that there is a network connection diagnostic utility available somewhere on the BlackBerry developer site - a BlackBerry device application that lets you test communications using various network settings. But I cannot find such a beast. Does anyone know where it is?

Tom

PS Yes I know this is like walking into a bookstore and saying "I saw this really interesting book, but I can't remember the title or the author. Do you have it?" Still, I live in hope.

Developer
My Device: Bold

Re: Network connection diagnostic utility?

[ Edited ]

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800563/What_Is...

There is the knowledge base article, which has a link to download the code for the app.

Andrea

Message Edited by amutzmercier on 11-10-2008 11:17 AM
Developer

Just what I was looking for. Thanks!

Tom 

Developer

Thanks, that should be helpful but from the description it sounds like a service diagnostic and not so

much a network diagnostic. Certainly many problems are due to extracting the service information but

from there an additional problem arises with how the carrier handle or drop packets. Something that

does ICMP or a ping/tracert would be nice to consider too.