Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

New BlackBerry OS 6 Popup Menu

Hi !

I don't really understand how the new poup menu in OS 6 works. I know I need to create a CommandItemProvider whichs provides a set of commands and assign it to field by using setCommandItemProvider. However then there are the following issues:

1. Does it work for managers too ? It seems to work on the simulator but not on the device.
  2. When I assign a CommandItemProvider to an EditField he old menu items like "Cut","Paste" etc. disappear. Basically I just want to add some items to the menu instead of replacing it.

Thx

Stefan

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Orange

Re: New BlackBerry OS 6 Popup Menu

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/17971/Creating_a_pop-up_menu_1223665_11.jsp

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: New BlackBerry OS 6 Popup Menu

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the link. The code samples there look exactly like my code. I have read all documentation I have found so far, but I have not found any answer to my questions.