Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: BB9900
My Carrier: 02

New to Blackberry Push

Hello I just got an email from blackberry with my push settings. The problem is I am not sure what to do next. I understand I have to install the sdk but where will I install this to, my dev computer or my aws cloud server? And Can anyone please explain what to do, what is the PPG Base URL for? How does it work? Thanks in advance. I understand that my server has to notify bb servers to push, does this mean the sdk goes on my server. I just need a bottom up explain of how to go and where to go from here i.e. after receiving the email

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: New to Blackberry Push

your server has to call the URL with the payload. The SDK contains a sample for a server, but you can implement it on your own as well.

The client has to receive the data (from the RIM infrastructure). I have posted a simplified sample, maybe it helps you:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Push-Development/Simplified-BIS-Push-client-sample...

and btw, there is a dedicated forum to push, just in case you have more specific questions:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Push-Development/bd-p/Applications_using_Push_Tech...
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Contributor
My Device: BB9900
My Carrier: 02

Thanks so much for that, But is this all I have to do? I have installed the SDK, where should I go from here. Do I need to install JDK on my server also?

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

i have to pass the ball there, i never implemented the server-side so far. basically the server only needs to send a string to the RIM server, most of the overhead is for managing PINs etc. i guess.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter