Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Newbie to JAVA - Help with an error message

I'm not sure I understand.  I can remove all contacts on the device and add/update contacts via the code above?  I'm just having difficulty mapping the fields.  I looked at the SyncDemo and the field mapping is the same as above (should be...).

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

The SyncDemo uses its own persistent objects, it does not directly interact with the contacts the user sees in the Address Book application.  However, the BlackBerry side application could create/update/delete the list of contacts seen in the Address Book based on instructions it receives from your add-in.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

So, the question still remains do I need the BlackBerry side app in order to update/add/delete contacts since I can already do that directly?  If so is there a place I can get the proper field mappings?
New Contributor
My Device: 9970
My Carrier: Dont know

Your given link is not working ..My Issue is i am unable to deploy app on bb 9970 device ..i developed it in 4.5 ..its giving me warning as "Warning!: Reference to class: net.rim.device.api.system.Display requires signing with key: RIM Runtime API" ..Can you please help ..i am also new Developer ..thanks
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

net.rim.device.api.system.Display is a restricted API. In order to deploy an application using it to a device you will need to 'sign' your application.

You need to apply for a set of BlackBerry signing keys from RIM, they are free, see here: https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/

Note the drop down, if you are developing a java application set it to 'BlackBerry Smartphone Code Signing Key'

You will receive emailed instructions on how to import the keys into the IDE you are using for development.

You will also receive three (3) further emails, each containing a different signing key, you will need to import all 3 keys into your development environment. I have mentioned this, because this is were many people have fallen in this signing issue, by only importing the key from one of these 3 emails.