Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

OS4.7. How to draw on top of VirtualKeyboard (like standart Menu do)

I'm implementing my own CustomMenu class. In OS4.7 the VirtualKeyboard was presented. I need to make drawing on top of VirtualKeyboard screen like the system do when shows the standart Menu. How can I do the same? Maybe it is possible to send VirtualKeyboad screen to foreground before draw my own screen or whatever?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: OS4.7. How to draw on top of VirtualKeyboard (like standart Menu do)

How are you displaying your menu now?  A PopupScreen should appear on top of the virtual keyboard.
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Currently, my CustomMenu is based on Screen class, because I use a skinned themes and perform a full custom draw of the menu screen (including бн own border and background). If deriving from PopupScreen it is not possible to fully override the draw method - the system allways draw roundRect border of PopupScreen even if paintBackground() is overrided. Is it possible to draw Screen derrived screen on top of the VirtualKeyboard? Or, from other hand, is it possible to fully override a paint of PopupScreen derrived screen?

Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

The look (border, colours, etc) of a PopupScreen is controlled by the current theme.  The virtual keyboard is designed to be shown on top of a screen, so it is expected that screens (Screen, FullScreen and MainScreen) appear under it.
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker