Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: curve 8900

ObjectChoiceField and click event

Hi all,

I added few ObjectChoiceField object to my screen and they are displayed OK but I have one problem. After I click on touchpad/trackball choice changes but stayes in focus. It's "popup" screen just stays up.

How can I achieve default behaviour like in Options so after I click on touchpad it selects and displays choice, stays in focus, but not in "popup" way? 

I feel it should be something simpler than overriding touchpad input events and injecting enter key?

Thx for your help!

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: ObjectChoiceField and click event

[ Edited ]

Hello,

What simulator or device are you running this on? This doesn't sound like default behavior.

What OS is running on the simulator/device (find by going to Options > About)?

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: curve 8900

Re: ObjectChoiceField and click event

I tried it on bold 9700 (5.0.0.862) and on 8900 (4.6.1.310) and in two simulators (5.0.0.xyz).

It was strange to me too, because at the same time device native options's objectchoicefields are displayed as supposed.