Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: nil

Open BrowserField click event in BB default browser

I am using a browserfield to display some web content in my BB application. But when i now click on the link in the Browserfield, the content within the browserfield changes.

Is there any way to open the link's click event in a BB default browser, and thereby keeping the Browserfield content in my application same as it is without navigating to other page.

I am using a third party webpage, so that i cant modify the page. I have to handle the click event to open the new URL in BB default browser.

Any helps please.....

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Open BrowserField click event in BB default browser

Take a look at this knowledge base : http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/How-to-Implement-a-Web-Cache-for-Your-Browse...

Notice the code in the handleResourceRequest.

Everytime a click happens this routine will be called....instead of caching just look at the request URL and decide if it is a new page...if it is use the regular open browser API to launch the browser with that URL.  If not just let it pass thru to the last line for hte browserfield to handle.

Hope this helps.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing