Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB 9000
My Carrier: UTS
Accepted Solution

Override last dialed number

Is it possible to always overrule the last-dialed number with the number of a different contact? By doing so I would like to achieve that when hitting the re-dial button (also in my Kia car) I will always dial the number of my wife.
Thanks.
David

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Override last dialed number

Create a background application
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Create-a-Background-Application/ta-p/445226

you can register a http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/7.1.0api/net/rim/blackberry/api/phone/phonelogs/PhoneLogLi... that is called every time the call log is changed.
you can then replace the number (and maybe store it, so when you replace the next number you can restore the old one?)
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Contributor
My Device: BB 9000
My Carrier: UTS

Re: Override last dialed number

Seems like a good solution. Indeed the temporary saving of the last number to restore after the next dial is a great suggestion. However I am not a programmer... Checked around for alternative solutions but could not find any. Is there someone who could write this code for me? Thanks. David. Ps. This is to solve an annoying issue all KIA cars have that do not have a voice dialed function which is that they automatically re-dial the last number when hitting the dial-button on the steering wheel without the option to change if that is not the number you wanted to dial.They say it's "by design" but I highly doubt this....... The only "by-passing" solution seems to be the question above that will guarantee the re-dial of one number. By doing so you can at least use the dial functionality for 1 specific goal....... Thanks in advance for any suggestion in getting a solution.