Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Simulator
My Carrier: Fledge Simulated Network
Accepted Solution

Parameters passing from Tavleview rows to next screen

[ Edited ]

Hello Blackberry Developers,

Simulator: BlackBerry 9800 Simulator
Simulator Ver: 3.0.0.60
JRE: 6.0.0

contacts01Contact Screen 1
So I am trying to construct a UI similar to Blackberry's Contact - An interface with focusable rows that triggers pushscreen. When a row is selected, the id (which is hidden from users) is passed to the next screen.
contacts02

Contact Screen 2
The next screen pulls up record with the ID received from previous screen.

In my application, there can be more than just a single ID passed, certain screens passes several variables.

From the codes in article "Using TableModel, TableView, TableController and DataTemplate to Create a Selectab..., i figured that getLeafFieldWithFocus can retrieve the label of the focused button. However buttons are not suitable for my case due to appearance issues - I need different font styles and sizes in a row.
01 02Ideal Screen
This is exactly how I want my app to look like - user makes a category selection by touching the row, for example Food & Beverages.
The next screen shows all companies under Food & Beverages.
igd01

My Screen 1
I've built a tableview, with two columns and two rows. The last column is spanned across two rows:

TestDataTemplate theTemplate = new TestDataTemplate(theView, 2, 2);
theTemplate.createRegion(new XYRect(1,0,1,2));
theTemplate.createRegion(new XYRect(0,0,1,1));
theTemplate.createRegion(new XYRect(0,1,1,1));

And i've set the focus policy to rowfocus:
theController.setFocusPolicy(TableController.ROW_FOCUS);

But now I'm stuck with how to pass the comID to the next screen. the comID will be hidden from users, it is shown here for debugging purposes only.

I can't find an easy way to do this yet, and after searching and looking at the api and forums, I am starting to think that the only way to do this is to construct a custom class. However I don't know which class to extend and which method to use for this purpose. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Smiley Wink

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Simulator
My Carrier: Fledge Simulated Network

Re: Parameters passing from Tavleview rows to next screen

Hello,

Although it wasnt as simple as I thought, I got exactly what I wanted!!

list Field

To those who are doing something similar, I got most of the info from Working with BlackBerry list fields – Tutorial, Simple ListField example and How To - Create a colour ListField. Cheers Smiley Happy

Nick