Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

PeristentContent and "Content Protection"

I have an application which implements FolderListener to catch incoming email. However, when Content Protection is enabled (IT Security Policy), and the device is locked, the incoming Message object appears to be encrypted and its data is not accessable.

For example, an attempt to extract the "From: " Address object throws an AddressException, with message "<Content Protection Enabled> is not a valid address".

We had an idea that PeristentContent.decode() would remove the protection so that we could access the content of the email, but this method only returns a reference to the original Message object, and the object still appears to be encrypted.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Are these msesage objects simply not accessable when the device is locked?

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: PeristentContent and "Content Protection"

This is an issue with the BlackBerry handheld software that has been sent to our development team.  We do not have a work around for this issue.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker